發新話題
打印

macbook (13" aluminum) vs. sony cs290 vs sony ns235

macbook (13" aluminum) vs. sony cs290 vs sony ns235

this is going to be my 3rd laptop... being soo fed up with the performance and stability of windows, im seriously considering a mac

macbook (USD 1249 on education discount)
http://store.apple.com/us/configure/MB466LL/A?mco=MTkzOTIzOQ

sony cs290 (USD 1069)
http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921665747992

sony ns235 (USD 780)
http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921665705537
(its rather heavy for me at 6.4 pounds)

im gonna use it mainly for browsing internet/instant messaging/ watching movies and listening to music, perhaps some homework (im graduating in may though, unless my current laptop decides to die on me before my graduation)... i might also need to use windows only software on occasional bases (eg. arcgis) and i do play pc games

i want my laptop to last quite a while (3 years+?), remain relatively fast (im not a patient person), and be rather portable

which one do u think i should pick?

thanks in advance!!

Well, people built up some habits when get used to an OS for many years, sure it'll take some little time on the transition. But it won't need too much effort or attention. Just use and enjoy~   You don't need to keep remind yourself that "oh, i need to close this windows otherwise the system will getting slow" or "how do i uninstall this @@y useless program?". You don't need to worry nothing about these on MAC.

I'm getting my Mom an iMac, so she could play iChat with my Sister and her baby in the state. However, I would never ever try to setup a windows PC for my Mom to use... you know, on PC, It just won't promise the damn webcam with work 100%, and IE just crash for no reason. I can predict that I will get phone call from my Mom in every half hour......

When I was using PC, it was like 60% of time I'm doing troubleshoot.... on MAC, I can finally "get to use computer" for F. sake~

Bootcamp is a multiboot utility, it allows you to run any OS Natively, you get full throttle opeartiing under bootcamp, hardware are fully usable as same as under MacOS. It doesn't take any extra system resource under bootcamp, and Apple provide all the hardware drivers for windows. Setup is easy by following the steps.

So, 2gb ram are still full speed 2gb ram under bootcamp windows vista. ofcuz, those ram sure get eaten up by Vista quickly upon start  

Just took another closer look on those Sony laptops you mentioned. They are both having the Intel graphic chipset. I highly doubt that they could perform well on gaming.

The Macbook has a nvidia 9400m, the chipset is better, but it also using shared memory for graphic ram, so don't expect it will get good framerate on game like Crysis, but I do own a Macbook 13"inch 2.4Ghz 4G ram, and I tried to run a few games like; silent hill 5, PES09(winning eleven), FIFA09, WoW and L4D, they all run well with reasonable good framerate under bootcamp windows xp.

Some game like GTA4 or Crysis, they are playable, but have to set at low quality for the trade off. If you are picky and really concern about the speed on gaming. Then, get a Macbook Pro, it has 9600M GT with it's own graphic ram. I love my Macbook Pro, its powerful and sexy~

ha.. u sure are a hardcore apple cultist

thanks for your advice, i was pretty much bought after i talked to my friend who got her macbook last august. just that, i really do need extra push to make me spend that 1200!! grad students are waaay underpaid u know...... lol                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

After reading the post, I am pretty sure I will go for macbook as well.

Today I have been doing some research for macbook and I am sure I will satisfy with its performance but as said it will take some times to get used to the new OS.

I got an offer today as below:

am am 有人報左個價比我

白色mac book, 320gb hdd, 4gb ram, hkd8800 cash price.

最好就係佢話呢部都係用ddr3 1066 ram.

好吸引

新款2.0ghz, 320gb hdd, 4gb ram, hkd11080 cash price.

兩部差左成hkd2200

I like macbook white more because of the look but I can't make my decision right now coz I think it doesn't make sense if I buy a older version right now. The macbook aluminium is thinner, better functions but much more expensive.....................so I hope that someone here and give me some suggestion. Then I can make up my mind.

About the 3 years warranty package, does it worth to take?

white macbook sure looks like a pretty good deal, but i always feel like it would become dirty in a short time and the aluminum one is lighter and looks better with its metallic design.

when i was considering macbook before the aluminum ones came out, i still preferred the black macbook.

and like u said, white book feels like an older design, leftover from the polycarbonate era.

Yay~ The White Macbook seems its a good deal, the only different is that, the new alu macbook has multi-touch trackpad, and glossy display. If these doesn't bother you much, then the White Macbook is the right choice for you. Apple has their reason to keep this in the store, It's still look gorgeous.  

The only problem is that, after using a long while, the White Macbook plam area gets wear out, Perhaps, you would like to invest on some plamguard on your future Macbook white.

http://www.moshimonde.com/palmguard.htm

發新話題