[Jay Brannan - Goddamned] [MP3/51M]

專輯名稱:Goddamned
歌手姓名:Jay Brannan
唱片公司:Nettwerk
格式大小:Mp3/192Kbps/51.12MB
發行日期:2008年08月25日
專輯流派:Pop / Folk

專輯介紹:

Goddamned is a stripped down record filled with Brannan's silky smoothvoice and acoustic guitar (not to mention the strings that pop upperiodically). It's a brutally honest, instantly relatable album fullof some amazing songs about love, heartbreak, living as a gay man,dating, and sex. It's probably one of the best albums by a gay artistthat I have ever heard. Jay Brannan puts feelings that we've all feltone time or another into his songs and it makes it almost like he issinging about you. There are universal songs here that anyone, gay orstraight, can relate to.

It's a flawless record. Not a bad song among the 11 tracks. JayBrannan's lyrics are just amazing. In Bowlegged And Starving he sings,"I have my laptop for pleasure and my guitar for pain..." There is justsomething about the way he sings that line that just hits home.

One of the highlights of the album is the title track. It's about asepic as possible for an acoustic folk album. It's a song about thestate of the world and its religions. It is the kind of song you justwant to close your eyes and absorb. Listening to this song isn'tenough. You need to feel it. He sings, "Mary and Muhammad are screamingthrough the clouds for you to lay your goddamned arms down, rip yourbigot roots from the earth and salt the goddamned ground." To call itan intense song is a mild understatement. He sings it with such passionyou can't help but be affected by it.

With Goddamned, Brannan has given us a pure album untouched bycorporate influence and it is a dream album. It's an album that I havenot been able to stop listening to since I received it. Powerhouseartists like Alanis Morrisette and Coldplay cannot come close to makingan album like this. This is an album Rufus Wainwright wishes he couldhave put out.

曲目列表:

01. Can't Have It All
02. Half-Boyfriend
03. American Idol
04. A Death Waltz
05. At First Sight
06. Housewife
07. Goddamned
08. Home
09. Bowlegged And Starving
10. On All Fours
11. String-A-Long Song