發新話題
打印

平溪義診

平溪義診

Tzu Chi volunteers serve elderly patients

While Tzu Chi organized its first ever free clinic in Ruifang, in nearby Pingxi, volunteers have been holding free clinics almost nine years. Since May 2000, volunteers have been going once every two months to the Taipei County community. Each time they see around 100 patients, and their most recent visit this weekend was their 48th free clinic. There was another anniversary at the event - when one Tzu Ching Alumnus celebrated her birthday.

< Blessings for elderly patient in Pingxi >
"May you have infinite life!"

After a TIMA doctor has given this elderly woman a check up, a graduated member of Tzu Chi's collegiate youth team gives her own blessing.

Tzu Ching Alumni, Shen Jiarong:"Grandmother, may you be happy every day!"

< Celebrating birthday by volunteering >
Shen Jiarong's job at the free clinic is to give elderly patients a back rub and keep them company. The Tzu Ching Alumnus is putting in some extra effort, because today is her birthday!

Shen says she is volunteering to repay her parents.

Tzu Qing Alumnus, Shen Jiarong:"Like today my friend wanted to make a date with me, but I told him no, because I was going to volunteer. I think this is the best way to repay my parents, because people say your birthday marks a day of hardship for your mother, and I think doing charity work is a way of honoring your parents."

< TIMA member for 10 years >
Shen Jiarong is following in the steps of TIMA doctors making house calls to families in remote areas. Seeing Dr Li Guoqiang, who has been a TIMA member for ten years, checking patients so thoroughly, is a lesson for the young volunteers. Yet Dr Li modestly says compared to Tzu Chi people, he does not do enough.

TIMA doctor, Li Guoqiang:"In these ten years what's given me the greatest encouragement is the compassion of Tzu Chi volunteers, who give without thought of return. I just offer the small amount of expertise I have. Grandmother, how are your kidneys?"

< Respectfully serving patients >
Dr Li says old people in isolated areas are in need of special care. Modestly and respectfully serving their needs, just by being here TIMA makes the patients feel they are half way on the road to recovery.

慈濟在瑞芳首度舉辦義診的同時,也來到舉辦近10年的平溪辦義診,2000年5月開始,慈濟志工每兩個月就會到台北縣的社區,每次看診約100人次,這一次是他們第48次來到這裡辦義診,不過,也有另一個滿週年的事件,一位慈青學長來到平溪服務居民,慶祝自己的生日。

在人醫會醫師 替老太太看完診後,其中一位慈青學長也獻上自己的祝福。

「阿嬤,祝福你天天快樂。」

慈青沈佳蓉在義診中替老人家按摩,陪伴聊天,沈佳蓉完全投入,認真陪伴,因為今天剛好是她的生日。

她說,她要做志工,來報父母恩。

沈佳蓉:「像今天,我朋友要跟我約,我跟他說不要,我要去做志工。因為我覺得這是報父母恩的時候,因為人家說,生日其實就是母難日,那我覺得行善,其實也就是行孝的方式。」

沈佳蓉跟隨人醫會醫師的腳步,深入偏遠的家庭做往診,看到加入人醫會已經十年的李國強醫師,細心的為老人家看病,是一堂行善的課程,不過李醫師卻謙虛的說,跟慈濟志工比起來 自己做的還不夠多。

醫師 李國強:「在這十年裡,給我最大的力量,就是慈濟人都很有愛心,各個都是無怨無悔的付出,那我只盡到我一點點專業的知識而已。」

李醫師說,偏遠地方的老人家最需要人家關心,用最謙卑、視病如親的態度服務他們的需要,讓老人家患者的病,也感覺好了一大半。      

http://www.newdaai.tv/?view=detail&id=53662

發新話題