發新話題
打印

第一次出去New York (Business Trip)一問

第一次出去New York (Business Trip)一問

小弟3月頭會去NY (Business Trip 5日), 想問問以下事 :
1) 上飛機時0係唔0係一支250ml 0既Bonaqua都唔比帶上? 咁洗con 水及眼藥水都唔比帶??
2) HK 直飛到NY, 要幾耐飛行時間? 飛機上, 有幾多餐可以食? 食咩先要比錢? 要杯橙汁同0的餅乾, 應該唔駛錢ga?? (第一次搭飛機, 咩都唔知^^")
3) 美國Hotel 入面d 插頭, 0係唔0係都唔岩插HK d 叉電器? (e.g. Mobile 同 DC), 0係HK 要去邊到買0的"轉駁器"?
4) 自己都唔打算買0的咩0野手信....帶usd 300 夠唔夠? (其實食都0係Hotel入面, 最多去supermarket 買少少乾量夜晚食)

望大家幫忙回答以上問題~~ thanks!

1) 上飛機時0係唔0係一支250ml 0既Bonaqua都唔比帶上? 咁洗con 水及眼藥水都唔比帶??  Cannot hand carry only.  You can put them in check in baggage

(即0係<100ml 就可以用handcarry 上飛機??? 洗con 水及眼藥水我一定要跟身ga wor, 15 hour機, 一定會用)  
Thanks for your reply ar~

1. For carry-on items, you need to check with the TSA website. For flights going into USA, there will be 2 security checking in HK airport. One checks for general airport security. Another check for flights that is going to USA before you board the plane. (Which I hate it a lot, I cannot even buy the tax free Alcohol from HK airport. Anyway, it always you to bring small amount of liquid. I remember it was 3oz... check TSA website for detail.

2. If you use CX or CO, I remember the flight was around 16hrs for non-stop direct flight. Both JFK and NWK are famous for delay, so no surprise if you stick on plane a little bit longer. The meal is FREE... I remember there is a meal (dinner format) after it left HK, then a snack, then another meal (breakfast format) before you land. p.S> I love to bring an empty bottle to the plane, and then keeping for water for me after I wake up. Asking for flight attender could take time, usually it is very dry after wake up.

3. Buy your travelling plug in HK. US is expensive for this. It depends on your hotel. Some hotel may have 220v and International plug availabe. But just don't count on it. In New York, you can buy this travelling plug at home depot or best buy (in case you forgot, and need one. There is a Home Depot at 23 street between 5/6 ave) US's voltage is 110v, and plug look like |     | . I know HK plug looks like /    \.  

4. $300 sounds a little bit too few. Suggest you to bring a little more just in case. Well... if you use credit card, it may be fine. But credit card may charge for additional International charge. Check it with your issuer before you use. There is an exchange store around 33 street between 5ave and 6 ave under Empire State building... the rate is kind of sux...

小弟3月頭會去NY (Business Trip 5日), 想問問以下事 :
1) 上飛機時0係唔0係一支250ml 0既Bonaqua都唔比帶上? According to US flight rule, only allow 100ml liquid to bring with hand and handy bags.  I'm not sure from now on whether to inforce this rule. You may try and bring a bottle of water (250ml) with you while you're boarding, to see if they discard your bottle or not.  Not suggest to doing this, but maybe they are okay with you.

咁洗con 水及眼藥水都唔比帶?? Suggest put them into the luggages.  Remember, seal them into a small, visible pastic bag; eg. Glad sandwish bag with zipper.

2) HK 直飛到NY, 要幾耐飛行時間? Depending on which airline, usually for direct flight, it takes 15-17 hours.

飛機上, 有幾多餐可以食? It lists on your flight schedule.  Usually 1 meal and 1 snack-time in direct flight.  But, if you're really hungry, you can always ask for more or some snack without pay any money for international flight.  I believe the flight attentants won't let you ride the flight with hungry.  Of course, you can always bring some snack by yourself in your handy bag.

食咩先要比錢?  So far, for international flight, no charge (no need to pay) for anything, including water, snack, and meal.  
Right now, there are some airlines (eg: American Airline, US Airways) that only flying U.S. inside (domestic flight) may charge and need to pay for snack.  They usually don't provide any meal right now.  But, they still give you water for free.

要杯橙汁同0的餅乾, 應該唔駛錢ga?? (第一次搭飛機, 咩都唔知^^") No, it's all free for international flight.

3) 美國Hotel 入面d 插頭, 0係唔0係都唔岩插HK d 叉電器? (e.g. Mobile 同 DC),
Yes, they are different from HK.  
See below links and pictures for details:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5b/Domestic_AC_Type_B_USA.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/67/P2050397.JPG

0係HK 要去邊到買0的"轉駁器"?  Like the member "hehehahaN1day" said, Shum Shui Po or any electrical shops.

4) 自己都唔打算買0的咩0野手信....帶usd 300 夠唔夠? If you have credit card, $300 dollar is enough for a week.  But remember, try to bring $10 or $20 dollar bills only.
It was because in U.S. $50 or $100 dollar bills are the higher value of U.S. currency, and it's kind of difficult to use just for supermarket or buying a snack.
(U.S. $100 = HK $1000) Not many stores accept $50 or $100 dollar bills in US.
Another way is you may go to stores in the airport or go to your hotel and ask for changing of your $50, $100 dollar bills into $10,$20 dollar bills.

(其實食都0係Hotel入面, 最多去supermarket 買少少乾量夜晚食)

And remember, don't ride any strangers' cars!

Hope this help!

>> 咁洗con 水及眼藥水都唔比帶??
http://www.tsa.gov/311/index.shtm
Medications, baby formula and food, and breast milk are allowed in reasonable quantities exceeding three ounces and are not required to be in the zip-top bag. Declare these items for inspection at the checkpoint.

>> 美國Hotel 入面d 插頭, 0係唔0係都唔岩插HK d 叉電器? (e.g. Mobile

Make sure your Mobile phone is "World phone" ... 1900 and/or 850Mhz. Otherwise useless.

On liquid in hand carry item, TSA rule is more restrict than HKG airport one.  TSA state the limit is three ounces, which is less than 100ml (HKG)

發新話題