發新話題
打印

going to Yoesmite Park

going to Yoesmite Park

Brothers,

Any one have experience in going to Yosemite National Park !!!!   Should I stay ovenight there, how about the accomdation and the local tour ??? I will drive from SFO !!

I have never drove from SF to Yosemite but I would think it will take at least four hrs one way to get to the Yosemite Valley. Depend what you want to do in the park, you can decide whether over-night stay is needed or not.

Accommondation runs from Wawona Hotel (high-end) to Curry Village's canvas tent cabin (inexpensive but with public and shower). If you decide to stay at a tent cabin, make sure you have a flashlight. There is no light between your cabin and the public restroom. www.yosemitepark.com/Accommodations.aspx

You lost me. How can you take 140 from SF? If you have to take 140, don't you have to take Hwy 99 to Merced and than go North again? Or did you take the 120 and enter the park on the east side?

Lucky for me, the couple of times I went, I went from LA area. All I need to take is 41 north from Fresno and I made pretty good speed until I entered the park. Once inside the park, speed dropped because of tight turns.

I have visited Yosemite, both from the west and east entrances.

The roads are decent enough, even with twists and turns, they are still nice routes. Just take your time and relax.

From SF, a day trip to Yosemite is possible, but you won't be spending a lot of time in the park. Overnight trip allows a more relaxed pace, so you can appreciate the views and serenity of nature a bit more.

If you have time, take 120 to the east entrance (closed in winter so check if it's open). The route passes through high country and is very scenic. Outside the east entrance, you should visit Mono Lake and see it's tufa rock formation.

I have never drove from SF to Yosemite but I would think it will take at least four hrs one way to get to the Yosemite Valley. Depend what you want to do in the park, you can decide whether over-night stay is needed or not.

Accommondation runs from Wawona Hotel (high-end) to Curry Village's canvas tent cabin (inexpensive but with public and shower). If you decide to stay at a tent cabin, make sure you have a flashlight. There is no light between your cabin and the public restroom. www.yosemitepark.com/Accommodations.aspx

I drove from SF to Yosemite, stayed 2 nights, then on to LA.  I stayed at the log cabins. It's quite expensive for what you get inside.  But I guess you pay for the location being inside a national park.

Also did the Pacific Coast highway on that trip. It is one of the top 10 most scenic highway in the world.

發新話題