發新話題
打印

芝加哥義診

芝加哥義診

Free dental clinic & blood drive

In Chicago, while many people are trying not to leave their homes, during the current freeze, news of a shortage at local blood banks inspired a group of generous donors to venture out to the Jing Si Hall to give blood. But first, we take a look at the free dental clinic Tzu Chi volunteers held for students in Marquette Elementary School.

< Every step requires great team work >
To hold a dental clinic requires the concerted efforts of many. From pre-arrangements and allocating resources, to setting up the venue, every step requires great team work and meticulous attention.

"I'm going to rearrange these, so you will see the tube is right there. This is very good. This is very good."

< Oral health not to be overlooked >
Here at the Marquette Elementary School in Chicago, a free dental clinic is taking place. Since most health insurance in the US does not cover dental treatments, oral health is often overlooked. So today, volunteers ensure that these students are getting their teeth checked.

< Prevention is the best cure >
Volunteers also educate the children on good oral hygiene. After all, prevention is the best cure.

< Blood drive at Jing Si Hall >
At the same time, back at the Jing Si Hall, a blood drive is being held.

Tzu Chi volunteer:
"This is the simplest way to give. It's a happy donation. I have type O blood, and it can be transfused universally. So I'm grabbing the opportunity to give."

< 16 bags of blood collected >
Seizing the chance to give, everyone joins the good cause. This lady is already in her seventies; unable to donate her blood, she is nonetheless helping out. As the event draws to a close, 16 bags of blood have been collected. Amidst the chilly weather, these bags of hope may be able to turn the fate of many patients.

在美國芝加哥,寒冷的冬天,許多人都在家裡避寒,不過有一群熱心的捐血者聽到血庫出現缺血危機,特地來到靜思堂捐出熱血。但首先我們來看看慈濟志工在瑪凱特小學的牙科義診。

能夠舉辦義診,是眾人的合心,從事前工作、搬運物資,一直到現場布置,每一步都需要人力和細心的運作。

慈濟志工:「這些我要重新整理,你看管子在那邊,這個非常好,這個非常好。」

在瑪凱特小學,一場牙科義診正在舉行,由於美國許多健康保險並不涵蓋牙齒治療,口腔保健往往被人忽略,今天志工要讓這群學生好好檢查牙齒。志工也教導孩子口腔保健的方法,畢竟做好預防勝於治療。此外,回到靜思堂,慈濟人更有捐血活動。

慈濟志工:「這個是最簡單的布施、最快樂的布施,我又是O型血,O型可以給任何人,所以要抓住機會。」

把握機會布施,人人都來參與,而這位年過七十的阿嬤儘管無法捐血,但她一樣在現場奉獻關懷。一天下來,總計收集了16袋血,這是冰天雪地裡最熱騰騰的愛心,將能運轉瀕臨危機的生命。      

http://www.newdaai.tv/?view=detail&id=53049

發新話題