發新話題
打印

緬甸苗道義診

緬甸苗道義診

Five-day free clinic for cataract sufferers

After the success of the free clinic in the last week of January, Tzu Chi volunteers and the Burmese NGO Miaodaw Hospital worked together again to serve more needy patients. From February 13th, a five-day clinic was held for cataract sufferers, who could otherwise not afford surgery.

< A warm atmosphere welcomes patients >
Before the free clinic kicks off, Burmese volunteers are already at Miaodaw Hospital, making tea and desserts and practicing sign language songs to create a warm and homely atmosphere for the patients. In cooperation with Tzu Chi, Miaodaw Hospital is holding a five-day free clinic to give low-income cataract patients the chance to see again. Local volunteers dressed in brown vests lead waiting patients in simple exercises to help them relax. As for the patients' accompanying family members, volunteers keep them busy with sign language songs.

< Continuing the love >
This old lady is Daw Than Nu, who received cataract surgery at the end of January. She is here not for a checkup, but to take a coin bank home to start her own charity work.

Cataract patient, Daw Than Nu:
"I am grateful so I want to see the volunteers. All I can think about is how kind they have been and the help they've provided. I can't think of anything else right now. I'm here to collect a coin bank because I want to donate, too."

< An "eye-opening" experience >
Daw Than Nu's case proves that acts of charity can be a catalyst for change. On the first day of the clinic, 64 patients had their eyes treated. In the next few days, volunteers will happily give of themselves to make a difference in other people's lives.

一月底的義診圓滿落幕之後,慈濟志工與緬甸非營利苗道醫院再次合作,服務貧苦病患,從2月13號開始舉辦五天義診,提供白內障病患做手術治療。

義診還沒開始,緬甸志工聚集在苗道醫院,準備茶水點心,甚至是練習手語,以溫暖、像家一般的氛圍迎接病患。苗道醫院與慈濟合作,再度舉辦五天的義診活動,要讓低收入的白內障病患重見光明。身穿褐色背心的緬甸志工,帶著病患舒活筋骨,放鬆心情,志工也與病患家屬分享手語。丹努奶奶曾經在一月底接受手術治療,這次來不是複診,是為了領竹筒行善。

奶奶 丹努:「因為感謝,所以要來見志工,想到善心人士慈濟志工的幫助,此外腦子裡什麼都想不進去,現在我想要拿竹筒來捐善款。」

丹努奶奶的例子證明了,行善能夠帶來更多改變。義診第一天,64位病患擁有新視界,而接下來的幾天,志工將快樂付出,幫助他人改變生活。     

http://www.newdaai.tv/?view=detail&id=53227

發新話題