發新話題
打印

Race Pro 可能會令好多人失望???

Race Pro 可能會令好多人失望???

Message from Atari about online problems

As a result of the high number of players trying to connect online to play Race Pro following the US release and with the European launch also this week, players might unfortunately experience issues such as:
-********* Disconnections
-********* Unrealistic timings
-********* Stability issues

Atari and Simbin are working hard to find solutions and will release a TitleUpdate as quickly as possible.
We apologize for this.

Thanks for playing RacePro

Atari & Simbin

This was posted on the European forums for Race Pro here: http://forums.eu.atari.com/showthread.php?t=89128

and follow was a review from a player...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=950870&topic=48277035

Now first off all, I like to state that Im not a critical gamer whatsoever. I havent ever used this forum to criticize games or what not.

I was so excited about this game that this is the first game ever I preordered(after 15+ years of gaming).

Then it finally came.... I bought this game 90% for the mp, like all my racing games. However, I decided to not be a complete newster and start off a career first, pro settings, all at hardest settings. I got my wheel set up, which my gf bought me for my birthday, apparentally I mentioned it to her how Id like playing this with a wheel so bad. So ok lez get it on!

I start off with the radical contract, only to clear it after 4 laps of brands, a track I played YEARS ago a couple of times...no biggie, lets get racing then.

Now Either I missed the option, or it isnt in, but no qually.

So green lights..I pump it in 1st gear and were off! WTH? Why are all of the AI cars standing still? Oh well, Im sure theyll catch up.... Think again Im already 2 secs faster a lap? WTH? This is supposed to be a SIM racer..a game where I have to set up my car just to keep up?!?

Ok no sweat, lets try what this game is designed for a try. ONLINE MULTIPLAYER
Well I think we all know what the problem with that one is, ammiright. After being able to finish about 2-3 races out of 20, I just gave up..

I started hot lapping, anderstorp in the sr3(?) radicals. I ve gotta give credits where they are due, this is the most fun Ive had with this game so far! However when scrolling through the time trial boards, there are players with times, 30 seconds faster then the rest...WTH That just takes the fun right out again.

These are the major issues Ive had with this game so far, Ill make a short summary out of the minor ones:

- The screen wipers dont seem to do anything.
- I hosted an online multi, all of the sudden the race started out of its own free will with only 3 players in?!?!?
- Ive seen better presentation in my PS1 games then this...
- leaderboards dont show aids used.
- I cant see how much fuel is left, or tire wear(although defendable from a sim point of view).
- The onboard( the only way to play!) shift lights work on some, but not on all, from what Ive seen so far. Might be a one off on the radical though.
- Huge frame rate drop whenever someone join online game.

These are only my complaints after a days worth of playing...I can only imagine what more will come up.

I know they announced a patch for these things, but come on guys we know how this will turn out. It will take at the very least 2-3 months before all issues have been resolved.

This is my first simbin game, cause I never wanted to spend all the money involved with online racing on PC. I am seriously disappointed at them for releasing this game prematurely. This just feels like playing a free beta trial.....

THX

發新話題