Ally Kerr《Off The Radar》 [MP3/54.02MB]

Ally Kerr《Off The Radar》 [MP3/54.02MB]

專輯名稱:Off The Radar
歌手姓名:Ally Kerr
唱片公司:Much Obliged
發行日期:2008年04月30日
專輯流派:Indie / Pop / MP3 / 54.02MB

專輯介紹:

Ally Kerr是來自蘇格蘭的Indie Pop樂隊(也是主唱的名字),融合了蘇格蘭傳統民謠和清新獨立流行風格,延續了Indie一貫的清新吉他風格。悅耳而淳樸,淒美而哀傷,有那麼一絲絲迷惘,當你聆聽Calling Out To You這張專輯的時候這一類的形容詞可能會脫口而出。這樣悅耳動聽的音樂出自格拉斯哥唱作人Ally Kerr之手。繼Belle And Sebastian,Camera Obscura之後,蘇格蘭的Indie風暴就從未停止過,如今Ally Kerr繼續著他們的征程。他不僅繼承蘇格蘭Indie Pop團慣有的風格,從Ally Kerr身上,我們還能夠體會到那種異乎尋常的與眾不同的氣質。在蘇格蘭,人們將他稱之為“最富生趣和最創造性的音樂家”。2004年Ally Kerr在日本發行唱片,是真正為了追求夢想的音樂人。而後為TV動畫《蟲師》演唱的"The Sore Feet Song",使Ally Kerr為更多的人所熟知。

Glasgow's Ally Kerr does a nice line in pop songs and "Off the Radar" provides us with the opportunity to enjoy 12 more of his little pop masterpieces.

Opening the album is "Could Have Been a Contender" - all polished pop perfection that brings back memories of the jaunty hits of the Housemartins and their catalogue of intelligent and catchy songs. "I Think I'm Bleeding" has an underlying country flavour to it. Whilst once again presented as a happy little song, there is more than a touch of bitterness in his words. Funnily enough, the rather twee "The Toothbrush Song" would also make a quality country song due to its dry lyrics even if a cowboy would feel the need to accompany such emotions with bourbon rather than sparkling mineral water.

The pace picks up with the title track "Off the Radar" that truly highlights Mr Kerr's pop sensibilities and offsets his laidback vocal delivery with some spirited guitar. Loves lost and won (mostly lost though? and a sense of reflection on his younger years seem a common theme to the songs in this album and, indeed, regret is once more evident in "Is It Too Late to Work for NASA" even if it is disguised here with wry humour. If Bluesbunny closes his eyes, on "Mystery Star" Ally Kerr seems to transform himself into Edinburgh master popsters Dropkick and there are certainly worse things to be than that. If Bluesbunny had to pick a favourite track, it would probably be "Amorino" evoking, as it does, the melancholic pleasures of heartbreak.

The thing that impresses most about this album is the songs themselves. Well crafted and melodic with sharp and observant lyrics, they are however presented as a whole lot fluffier than they actually are. It must be Ally Kerr's choice to do so but it does seem that he is deliberately avoiding giving any kind of offense. Maybe he never gets angry himself - although his words suggest otherwise -but Bluesbunny feels that he is doing his own songs a disservice here by sprinkling an inch of icing sugar on everything. It is not necessary for everything in life to have a cherry on top for it to be appetising.

Overall, this is a happy, upbeat album that is just a bit too polite and well mannered to try and force itself upon your affections. The production and arrangements are smoother than your average Starbuck's decaf latte but it is perhaps fair comment to say that the omnipresent sugar coating will suit his fans. However, and maybe this is a reviewer thing, a bit of fire and even some unpredictability would have been welcome. Then again, the Bluesbunny was always a quadruple espresso kind of guy.

曲目列表:

01. Could Have Been A Contender
02. Be The One
03. I Think I'm Bleeding
04. There's A World
05. The Toothbrush Song
06. Off The Radar
07. Old Friend
08. Is It Too Late To Work For Nasa?
09. Mystery Star
10. Amorino
11. The Truth That I Have Earned