發新話題
打印

緬甸義診(苗道第一天+義診二.三天)

緬甸義診(苗道第一天+義診二.三天)

緬甸仰光的非營利苗道醫院,舉辦了義診,最特別的一點,就是來自台灣,馬來西亞,菲律賓,泰國以及緬甸當地醫謢人員,齊心合力幫助貧苦人 脫離病痛,仰光市長代表風災災民,親自致信,感謝慈濟在風災過後的種種協助。

醫生全程專注,把病人眼中的白內障清除,這個手術大約才十分鐘,運用先進的超音波乳化技術。

我在手術室觀摩,幫七位病患的手術,三位菲律賓醫師都非常好,現在看完之後我也很想要嘗試。

前來觀摩的緬甸眼科醫師柯柯丁,對於新的白內障技術讚歎不已,第一天由菲律賓的人醫會,運用最新的超音波乳化設備。在仰光市的苗道醫院義診第一天,民眾早早就來報到,登記這個雖然簡單,但是會改變一生的白內障手術。

很感恩慈濟,眼睛是一個很重要的器官,有明亮的眼睛,才能走正確方向,做對的事情。

我非常的高興,非常的興奮,開完刀好像是父母給我新的眼睛。

義診第二天,共有66人再度回到義診中心,做術後檢查。也有人第二次開刀,如參地馬爾法師他兩眼都有白內障,第二次的手術後,視力的模糊已經都乾乾淨淨。

我從來沒有看過像你們這樣的人,我祝福所有的國家,真的都很棒,我現在可以看得清楚了,謝謝。視力和以前有很大的不同,走路和用餐都比較方便。

燒傷病患密威喬小弟弟,來到義診現場。

復原的很好。

密威喬因打翻了煤油燈而燒傷,去年風災後,志工在慈濟義診發現了他,安排讓他進行植皮手術。

要跟他講一定還要再戴,因為這最好要戴三年左右,過一陣子半年左右再回診。

台灣醫療團也前往醫院,探望小男孩特偉林。

師伯阿彌陀佛,阿彌陀佛。
跟大家說阿彌陀佛。
所有師伯師伯阿彌陀佛。

從去年十二月開始,從小不會走路的特偉林,在慈濟的協助之下,接受了四次手術治療,目前住院復建中。

我很高興,高興喔?高興以外還有其它的心情嗎?很歡喜。

三天的義診還給民眾健康,帶來微笑,對於仰光的醫師來說,也是個難忘的經驗。他們在義診裡,學到了新的醫療技術,仰光市長奧特琳,來到現場表達謝意。

大家本來就是兄弟姐妹,所以今天有緣再相聚,也感恩大家救助這些貧苦人。

一封感謝信,對遙遠的證嚴上人,有說不盡的感恩,感恩志工在納吉斯風災後,對緬甸的援助。

義診最後一天,慈濟志工為苗道醫院的醫護人員,舉辦感恩會分發結緣品,及表演「一家人」的手語,雖然慈濟醫護人員與緬甸志工,在分離這一刻內心很不捨,但是未來還有很多機會,可以一起共識,把大愛散播到需要的地方。
Advanced technology at free clinic

Tzu Chi dispatches a farming survey team to help Burmese villagers tackle their difficulties. And we introduce you to our new weekly series called Tzu Chi Earth, and first up we learn about the Tzu Chi Chapter in Australia.

The doctor focuses all his mind to conduct a cataract removal, a surgery that takes merely ten minutes thanks to an advanced medical technique called phacoemulsification.

Myanmar Islamic Hospital ophthalmologist, Dr. Ko Ko Tin:
I witnessed about seven cases there, and all three could operate really well. I'm quite eager to do phaco(emulsification). I want to do phaco very much.

Here to learn new medical expertise, local ophthalmologist Dr. Ko Ko Tin is in awe of the latest form of cataract surgery offered by Tzu Chi's free clinic. TIMA Philippine is using the pioneering equipment. Here at Yangon's Myodaw Hospital, on the first day of Tzu Chi's free clinic patients flocked in early for the simple yet life-changing eye procedure.

Cataract patient, U Aye Lwin:
I'm very thankful for Tzu Chi because the eye is a very important organ. Without a pair of crystal clear eyes you won't be able to find the right direction and do the right things. I'm very happy and excited. After the surgery, it feels like I got a brand new pair of eyes from my parents.

< Clearing the clouds in the eyes >
On the second day some 66 cataract patients return for a post-surgery check-up, while some go under the knife for a second time, such as Dharma Master San Di Mar, who has cataracts in both eyes. After the second surgery, his once cloudy vision cleared up.

Buddhist monk, Dharma Master San Di Mar:
I've never seen before like this one,
all you peoples and your countries,
I give the good wishes.
Everything is excellent, excellent.
(Very clearly?)
Yes, very clearly. Thank you, thank you.
Everything is different now,
walking and taking the meals.

< A reunion with former patients >

At the free clinic, young burn victim Myo Wai Kyaw arrives.
You've recovered well!

Burned by an upturned oil lamp, Myo Wai Kyaw was first discovered at a Tzu Chi free clinic last year after Cyclone Nargis. Volunteers helped arrange skin grafting surgery.

Dalin Hospital superintendent, Jian Shouxin:
You must tell him to wear his mask, for at least three years. Come back again for a check-up in six months' time.

The medical team from Taiwan goes to another hospital to visit Htet Wai Lin.

Uncle, amituofo!
Amituofo!
Say amituofo to all.
Amituofo to all uncles.

< Planting joy in the little boy's mind >
Since last December, Htet Wai Lin, who was born unable to walk, has been through four operations courtesy of Tzu Chi. He will stay in the hospital for as long as his rehabilitation requires.

I'm very very happy.
And anything else?
Just happy.

< Recognition for Tzu Chi's service >
The three-day medical event not only gives patients renewed health and elicits plenty of smiles, it is also an experience that deeply impressed Yangon doctors. It is here they can learn about new medical advancements. Yangon city mayor Aung Thein Lynn also graces the event to express his gratitude.

Yangon City mayor's interpreter:
We are all brothers and sisters and fate brings us together today. Thank you all for helping our poor and needy.

The letter of thanks to Master Cheng Yen holds more gratitude than words can ever express, in appreciation of Tzu Chi's Cyclone Nargis relief efforts.

< Future opportunities to help await >
As the free clinic draws to an end, volunteers hold a party for Myodaw Hospital's medical staff, handing out Tzu Chi's mementos and putting on a sign language performance of the song, "One Family". Though parting is such sweet sorrow for the medical volunteers and their Burmese counterparts, in future there will be plenty of opportunities for them to work together to deliver compassion to where it's needed.      
http://www.newdaai.tv/?view=detail&id=52655

發新話題