發新話題
打印

菲牙科往診

菲牙科往診

Finally, a pearly white smile

Starting from November last year, Tzu Chi volunteers in the Philippines have been convening free mobile dental clinics, every Tuesday in different areas of Manila. At their most recent event, the volunteers arrived at the shanty town of Masangkay(ma-SANG-kay). TIMA doctors provided the poor residents with much-needed dental care, alleviating their pain and rebuilding their confidence.
從去年月11底開始,菲律賓慈濟志工每周二在馬尼拉各貧民區,展開“牙科巡迴往診”服務。最近的一次活動,慈濟人前往馬尼拉馬桑凱街的貧民區;人醫會志工提供貧窮災民 口腔保健,讓他們脫離疼痛,也增添了些許的自信。

< Entering slum to host free dental clinic >
Walking through the dark and damp alley, a squatter area comes in sight. With floors covered by trash, this is the slum area of Masangkay in Manila, the Philippines. With microphone in hand, the Tzu Chi volunteers are bringing them good news - a mobile dental free clinic.

< Preventing oral problems for children >
As residents seize the rare opportunity to treat their oral problems and long-term toothaches, one doctor teaches a child the correct way to brush her teeth. After all, prevention is always better than cure.

< Residents thankful for volunteers >
With much-needed treatment received, and pain alleviated, Emilio Gaming is wearing a bright smile.

Resident, Emilio Gaming:
"What I can say is that I am thankful that there is a foundation like Tzu Chi who helps us. It is my first time to have my teeth cleaned. The dentist taught me how to keep my teeth clean."

Feeling the same love is another local resident -- Nida Caasi, who is eager to join volunteer force.

< Reciprocating love >
Resident, Nida Caasi:
"I want to help people in dire need. It is a wonderful, happy feeling. I'm very willing to join your organization."

The happiness bestowed by helping others is hard to describe. It is hoped that the blue and white uniformed volunteers will not only inspire the kindness of the Masangkay residents but also help to improve the public security in the area.

穿過黑暗潮溼的巷弄,映入眼前的是違章建築區,滿地的垃圾,這裡是馬尼拉馬桑凱街貧民區;手拿麥克風的慈濟志工,帶來牙科巡迴往診的好消息。

居民們把握了機會、解決牙齒的疾病與長期的牙痛的同時,醫師還教導孩子正確的刷牙方式,畢竟預防勝於治療。

因為得到治療,疼痛也一消而散,艾密利歐笑得好燦爛。

Resident, Emilio Gaming:
「非常謝謝有慈濟這樣的團體來幫助我們,這是我第一次清潔我的牙齒,醫師還教我如何維護口腔健康。」

感受到這樣的愛,甚至有當地居民卡希積極的要投入志工行列。

Resident, Nida Caasi:
「我希望能幫助急需幫助的人,這是美好的、幸福的感覺,我非常願意加入慈濟這個組織。」

助人的快樂,言語無法形容,更期盼藍天白雲在馬桑凱貧民區不僅開啟居民的善念,也能改善當地治安不良的問題。     

http://www.newdaai.tv/?view=detail&id=52936

發新話題