發新話題
打印

Queries regarding chinese requirements

Queries regarding chinese requirements

I am from overseas and have no Chinese qualifications. I've only got English qualifications (e.g. IGCSEs, AS, IELTS) and am currently studying in HKUSPACE, as a second year associate degree student. However, when I called CUHK non-jupas admission office last week, they said that I must have Chinese requirements because for the past year, I've been living in Hong Kong. I think it's somewhat absurd because by living in HK for the past year doesn't mean that I can catch up with Chinese, a language that I haven't been learning for almost 20 years. But, they said that I have to have Chinese. If I got admitted into a programme, they might give me a Chinese test which is equivalent to the standard of A-levels Chinese! We all know that it is impossible for someone who isn't even too familiar with the language.

My question is, has anyone experienced this type of situation before? That you only have Chinese requirements and have been told that it is needed, but still got admitted in the university at the end? Please enlighten me

I want to apply for BA in Cultural Studies.

發新話題